A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Transylvania Community Arts Council
1. Bring your pumpkin (minimum diameter 6” and we will be checking this year) with you to the registration tables located at the top of Jail House Hill – next to The Transylvania Times. To pre-register click here to pre-register.
- Adult roll entry fee = $5 + bring your pumpkin
- Juvenile (14 & under) roll entry fee = $3 + bring your pumpkin
2. Pumpkins can be purchased on the day of the roll for $5 and you can leave your pumpkin at the registration area prior to your “roll” so that you can enjoy Halloweenfest.
3. Pumpkins can be pushed, rolled or bowled using an underarm action. No throwing or overarm bowling of pumpkins is allowed.
4. Competitors must assemble at the start line at 1pm.
5. A competitor will be disqualified if:
- the pumpkin leaves the marked track
- the competitor crosses the start line or any part thereof;
- after the start, the pumpkin is touched by anyone.
6. Competitors/spectators cannot enter the designated pumpkin track at any time during or following the roll until results are recorded.
7. In the event of a tie, a tie-breaking roll will be held between finalists.
8. The judges’ decisions are final.
The Great Pumpkin Roll will take place rain or shine. Sorry, but no refunds will be issued for this event. A portion of this year’s proceeds will be donated to the Transylvania Community Arts Council.